MSMS 5020 Marine Ecosystems
(OS) Halmos Coll of Nat Sci & Ocn
(OMES) OS - Marine & Environ Sciences
This class focuses on marine ecological and functions. It presents an overview of the basic concepts of marine ecology along with more detailed elements of the discipline including the diversity of marine ecosystems, trophic relationships, ecological roles, and nutrient cycling and biogeochemistry. (Description Last Updated: Fall 2017 (201820))
- Review relevant concepts of the physical ocean.
- Review basic concepts of ecology with an emphasis on those relevant to the marine environment.
- Understanding of energy flow within a marine ecosystem and relevant processes.
- Understanding of nutrient cycles in the ocean.
- Understand the importance of marine microbes and microbial food chains.
- Apply the above concepts to specific ecosystems.
- Develop experience reviewing scientific literature and leading discussions of technical topics.
|Current Course Offerings|
|No courses currently scheduled|
|Future Course Offerings (Subject To Change)|
|201820||22657||08/21 - 12/10/2017||Oceanographic Center||Banks, Kenneth|
Page Update September 20, 2017 07:45 PM