PHYS 2360 General Physics II/Lab
(OS) Halmos Coll of Nat Sci & Ocn
(OCHP) OS - Chemistry and Physics
Second of a two-part series covering electricity and magnetism, optics, and modern physics. Includes laboratory sessions. This course has been exempted from the requirements of the Writing Across the Curriculum policy. Prerequisites: PHYS 2350 and either MATH 1250 or MATH 2100 or MATH 2100H. Frequency: Every Fall and Winter. (Description Last Updated: Summer I 2016 (201650))
- Calculate electric and magnetic fields, forces, and potentials from a given set of charges or currents.
- Use the basic properties of electromagnetic waves and how they relate to optics to solve related, simple problems.
- Solve electric circuit problems for both AC and DC circuits containing batteries, inductors, capacitors, and resistors.
- Use the basic ideas of geometrical and physical optics, such refraction and diffraction to solve simple optical problems.
- Solve simple problems in special relativity involving energy, momentum, length contraction, time dilation, and velocity composition.
- Apply elementary ideas from quantum mechanics to simple systems such as the hydrogen atom.
|Current Course Offerings|
|No courses currently scheduled|
|Future Course Offerings (Subject To Change)|
|201820||20277||08/22 - 12/07/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Castano, Diego|
|201820||20278||08/22 - 12/07/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Castano, Diego|
|201820||20280||08/21 - 12/07/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Nemzer, Louis|
|201820||20279||08/21 - 12/07/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Nemzer, Louis|
|201820||20281||08/22 - 12/07/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Castro, Victor|
|201820||20282||08/23 - 12/07/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Castro, Victor|
Page Update October 24, 2017 02:07 AM