MBIO 3910 Sharks and Their Relatives
(OS) Halmos Coll of Nat Sci & Ocn
(OMES) OS - Marine & Environ Sciences
This is a survey of three major groups of elasmobranch fishes: sharks, skates and rays, and chimera. This course will be divided into three main bodies of information: 1) the history and evolution of sharks and their relatives; 2) elasmobranch taxonomy; and 3) current and future research. Prerequisite: MBIO 2410. Frequency: Fall, odd years. (Description Last Updated: Fall 2016 (201720))
- Explain the evolutionary history of elasmobranchs.
- Describe how the contrasting shapes of sharks and rays evolved.
- Explain the variety of ecological roles performed by elasmobranchs.
- Describe the various life-history patterns in elasmobranchs.
- Document recent research pertaining to elasmobranchs.
|Current Course Offerings|
|No courses currently scheduled|
|Future Course Offerings (Subject To Change)|
|201820||20642||08/21 - 12/04/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Kerstetter, David|
Page Update October 21, 2017 03:18 PM