MATH 2100 Calculus I
(OS) Halmos Coll of Nat Sci & Ocn
(OMAT) OS - Mathematics
Functions, limits, and derivatives of algebraic functions. Introduction to derivatives of trigonometric functions, logarithmic functions; application of derivatives to physics problems; related rates and maximum/minimum problems, and definite and indefinite integrals with applications. This course has been exempted from the requirements of the Writing Across the Curriculum policy. Prerequisite: Challenge examination or MATH 1250. Frequency: Every Fall and Winter. (Description Last Updated: Summer I 2016 (201650))
- Describe the concept of limit of a function at a point and at infinity and the concept of continuity at a point and over an interval. Compute limits of sums, products, differences, and quotients of functions.
- Describe the relationship between line slope, rate change, and derivative and apply the definition of derivative to compute the derivative of a function.
- Compute derivatives of functions using the product, quotient, power and chain rules explicitly and implicitly.
- Use the second derivative to find intervals where a function is concave up/down.
- Describe how the integral came about and be able to compute areas under curves.
|Current Course Offerings|
|201730||31976||01/09 - 05/01/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Samansky, Eric|
|201730||31977||01/09 - 05/05/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Lyons, Jeffrey|
|201730||31978||01/09 - 05/03/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Carrera, Ricardo|
|201730||31979||01/10 - 05/02/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Iberkleid, Wolf|
|201730||31980||01/10 - 05/02/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Zhang, Fuzhen|
|201730||31981||01/10 - 05/04/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Zhang, Fuzhen|
|201730||31982||01/12 - 05/04/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Lee, Edmond|
|201730||31983||01/09 - 05/07/2017||On-line Course||Haskell, Evan|
|Future Course Offerings (Subject To Change)|
|201750||50726||05/08 - 06/25/2017||On-line Course||Haskell, Evan|
|201750||50725||05/08 - 06/25/2017||On-line Course||Lyons, Jeffrey|
Page Update June 25, 2017 03:05 AM