FIN 2000H Personal Finance Honors
Huizenga School of Business
(BFIE) HCBE - Finance & Economics
Excellent personal financial management is important for wealth creation. Students will get a comprehensive hands-on overview of the core areas of personal finance. This includes: a financial plan, personal financial statements, personal taxes, cash management, buying big items like a house and a car, credit score, credit card management, consumer loans, life, health and property insurance, investment planning, retirement planning, and estate planning. This knowledge will assist you to develop good personal financial management practices. This is an essential course for all students. This course is open to HONORS students only. Prerequisites: MATH 1040 or higher. (Description Last Updated: Summer I 2015 (201550))
- Understand the financial planning process.
- Develop financial statements and financial plans.
- Demonstrate knowledge of tax management.
- Show how to manage basic household assets (cash, savings, auto, and house, etc.).
- Understand how to manage credit.
- Understand how to manage insurance needs (life, health, and property).
- Demonstrate how to manage investments (stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and real estate).
- Demonstrate how to conduct retirement and estate planning.
- Utilize Microsoft Excel 2007/2010 to build personal financial statements, to create budgets, and/or to do financial calculations.
- Recognize the importance of conducting personal finance ethically.
|Current Course Offerings|
|No courses currently scheduled|
|Future Course Offerings (Subject To Change)|
|201820||21437||08/22 - 10/12/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Williams, Albert|
Page Update August 17, 2017 09:35 AM