CHEM 2410 Organic Chemistry II/Lab
(OS) Halmos Coll of Nat Sci & Ocn
(OCHP) OS - Chemistry and Physics
This course and the related lab is the second part of a two-semester sequence that studies the chemistry of heteroatom-containing carbon compounds, including their structure, nomenclature, preparation, reactions, analysis, and properties. Reaction mechanisms within a functional group framework are stressed. Stability, nucleophilicity and electrophilicity, and structurereactivity relationships will also be examined. The laboratory session practices basic organic syntheses. Prerequisite: CHEM 2400 OR CHEM 2400H. Frequency: Every Fall and Winter. (Description Last Updated: Summer I 2016 (201650))
- Recognize major functional groups and name organic compounds containing these functional groups.
- Understand and apply the basic rules of reactivity, nucleophilicity and electrophilicity to organic compounds.
- Describe simple resonance schemes and their importance to stability and reactivity of organic molecules.
- Demonstrate mastery of simple organic reaction mechanisms.
- Recognize functional groups in biochemical compounds and their chemistry.
- Apply basic organic laboratory techniques to synthesize, purify and broadly characterize simple organic compounds.
|Current Course Offerings|
|No courses currently scheduled|
|Future Course Offerings (Subject To Change)|
|201820||20154||08/21 - 12/08/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Shanbhag, Venkatesh|
|201820||20155||08/21 - 12/08/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Shanbhag, Venkatesh|
|201820||20156||08/21 - 12/08/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Rizvi, Syed|
|201820||20157||08/21 - 12/08/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Rizvi, Syed|
|201820||20158||08/22 - 12/08/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Aukszi, Beatrix|
|201820||20159||08/22 - 12/08/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Aukszi, Beatrix|
|201820||20160||08/21 - 12/06/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Memari, Behnoush|
|201820||20161||08/22 - 12/06/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Memari, Behnoush|
Page Update October 24, 2017 02:07 AM