CHEM 2400 Organic Chemistry I/Lab
(OS) Halmos Coll of Nat Sci & Ocn
(OCHP) OS - Chemistry and Physics
This course and the related lab is the first part of a two-semester sequence that studies the chemistry of carbon compounds, including their structure, nomenclature, preparation, reactions, analysis, spectroscopy, and properties. Reaction mechanisms are stressed within a functional group framework. The laboratory session introduces basic laboratory techniques frequently utilized in organic syntheses. Prerequisite: CHEM 1310 or CHEM 1310H. Frequency: Every Fall and Winter. (Description Last Updated: Summer I 2016 (201650))
- Apply the rules of organic nomenclature, including the ability to name organic compounds and draw correct structures from names.
- Describe chemical structures and relate them to physical properties of organic compounds.
- Correlate molecular structure and spectroscopic behavior.
- Describe and apply fundamental reactivity concepts such as acidity, basicity, electrophilicity, nucleophilicity, electron delocalization and rules of resonance.
- Describe the mechanisms and outcomes of addition, substitution and elimination reactions of simple organic compounds.
- Describe and perform basic organic laboratory techniques.
|Current Course Offerings|
|201730||31641||01/10 - 05/05/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Aukszi, Beatrix|
|201730||31642||01/10 - 05/05/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Aukszi, Beatrix|
|201730||31643||01/09 - 05/05/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Qaddoura, Maher|
|201730||31670||01/09 - 05/05/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Qaddoura, Maher|
|201730||31673||01/10 - 05/02/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Suwal, Sujit|
|201730||31674||01/10 - 05/02/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Suwal, Sujit|
|Future Course Offerings (Subject To Change)|
|201750||50893||05/09 - 07/27/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Shanbhag, Venkatesh|
|201750||50894||05/09 - 07/27/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Shanbhag, Venkatesh|
Page Update April 29, 2017 05:33 PM