CHEM 2400 Organic Chemistry I/Lab
(OS) Halmos Coll of Nat Sci & Ocn
(OCHP) OS - Chemistry and Physics
This course and the related lab is the first part of a two-semester sequence that studies the chemistry of carbon compounds, including their structure, nomenclature, preparation, reactions, analysis, spectroscopy, and properties. Reaction mechanisms are stressed within a functional group framework. The laboratory session introduces basic laboratory techniques frequently utilized in organic syntheses. Prerequisite: CHEM 1310 or CHEM 1310H. Frequency: Every Fall and Winter. (Description Last Updated: Summer I 2016 (201650))
- Apply the rules of organic nomenclature, including the ability to name organic compounds and draw correct structures from names.
- Describe chemical structures and relate them to physical properties of organic compounds.
- Correlate molecular structure and spectroscopic behavior.
- Describe and apply fundamental reactivity concepts such as acidity, basicity, electrophilicity, nucleophilicity, electron delocalization and rules of resonance.
- Describe the mechanisms and outcomes of addition, substitution and elimination reactions of simple organic compounds.
- Describe and perform basic organic laboratory techniques.
|Current Course Offerings|
|No courses currently scheduled|
|Future Course Offerings (Subject To Change)|
|201820||20141||08/21 - 12/08/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Brant, Jacilynn|
|201820||20142||08/21 - 12/08/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Brant, Jacilynn|
|201820||20143||08/21 - 12/08/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Shanbhag, Venkatesh|
|201820||20144||08/21 - 12/08/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Shanbhag, Venkatesh|
|201820||20145||08/22 - 12/08/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Shanbhag, Venkatesh|
|201820||20146||08/22 - 12/08/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Shanbhag, Venkatesh|
|201820||23486||08/22 - 12/08/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Not Available|
|201820||20147||08/22 - 12/05/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Not Available|
|201820||20148||08/22 - 12/05/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Not Available|
|201820||20149||08/21 - 12/06/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Pitteloud, Jean-Philippe|
|201820||20150||08/22 - 12/06/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Pitteloud, Jean-Philippe|
Page Update August 20, 2017 03:06 PM