CARM 5100 Mediation Theory and Practice
(SS) Coll of Arts, Hum & Social Sci
(SCRS) CAHS-Conflict Resolution
This course examines theories, methods, and techniques of mediation. Students will have the opportunity to demonstrate their knowledge of mediation skills. Prerequisites: CARM/CARD 5040. (Description Last Updated: Fall 2008 (200920))
- Learning Objectives:
- The student will learn mediation by mediating in role play situations, using appropriate skills, methods, and approaches.
- The student will analyze, compare and apply premises, theories, and models of mediation.
- The student will relate theories on social construction to the transformative aspects of mediation, including the role of apology in mediation.
- The student will design, analyze and critique mediation incorporating the theories, models, approaches, skills, issues, and research presented in the course.
- The student will learn about diversity and ethics in mediation
- The student will learn how to market their conflict resolution business.
|Current Course Offerings|
|No courses currently scheduled|
|Future Course Offerings (Subject To Change)|
|201820||20845||08/21 - 12/03/2017||On-line Course||Georgakopoulos, Alexia|
|201820||20830||08/21 - 12/03/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Muvingi, Ismael|
Page Update October 21, 2017 03:11 PM