CARD 5040 Communication Dynamics in Dispute Resolution: The Human Factor
(SS) Coll of Arts, Hum & Social Sci
(SCRS) CAHS-Conflict Resolution
This course presents communication theories relevant to resolution as well as theories about understanding, analyzing, and managing conflict. The course focuses on the human and emotional aspects of conflict, and includes the influence of gender and culture. This course is pragmatic as well as theoretical, and presents communication and conflict resolution models in a practice-based approach. (Description Last Updated: Fall 2007 (200820))
- Students will understand basic theories of human conflict and be able to apply them to conflict situations.
- Students will understand and use communication skills.
- Students will understand and apply models for conflict analysis and conflict management.
- Students will understand the influence of anger, gender, culture and power in conflict situations.
- Students will understand the role of forgiveness in conflict.
|Current Course Offerings|
|No courses currently scheduled|
|Future Course Offerings (Subject To Change)|
|201820||20844||08/21 - 12/03/2017||On-line Course||Rice, Claire|
|201820||21752||08/21 - 12/03/2017||On-line Course||Strawinska Zanko, Urszula|
|201820||20829||08/21 - 12/03/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Katz, Neil|
Page Update October 21, 2017 03:11 PM