BIOL 1510 Biology II/Lab
(OS) Halmos Coll of Nat Sci & Ocn
(OBIS) OS - Biological Sciences
This course and related labs, the second part of a two-part sequence, introduces the basic principles of biological science at the level of the organism and above. It focuses on a survey of the five kingdoms and compares the structure and function of organ systems in plants and animals. It includes the study of evolution, phylogenetic relationships, species diversity and ecological interactions. Prerequisites: BIOL 1500 and MATH 1040 or higher and COMP 1000 or higher. Frequency: Every Fall and Winter. (Description Last Updated: Summer I 2016 (201650))
- Explain how scientists have contributed to our understanding of biology through history.
- Explain the mechanisms of evolution and natural selection.
- Describe how speciation can lead to biological diversity.
- Describe phylogenetic relationships between organisms.
- Describe the various structures and functions of organisms including organ systems.
- Explain how ecological interactions connect the diversity of organisms.
- Describe the variety of ecosystems and habitats of the ecosphere.
- Illustrate the basic structure of representative organisms, from bacteria through chordates.
- Produce laboratory reports, which demonstrate an understanding of the scientific method, basic statistical analyses, and the ability to read and interpret data.
|Current Course Offerings|
|201730||31538||01/10 - 05/04/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Blanar, Christopher|
|201730||31541||01/10 - 05/04/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Blanar, Christopher|
|201730||31544||01/09 - 05/03/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Hoch, Jeffrey|
|201730||31545||01/09 - 05/03/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Hoch, Jeffrey|
|201730||31547||01/10 - 05/02/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Eldakar, Omar|
|201730||31548||01/10 - 05/02/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Eldakar, Omar|
|201730||31549||01/10 - 05/02/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Eldakar, Omar|
|201730||31550||01/10 - 05/02/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Eldakar, Omar|
|201730||34670||01/10 - 05/04/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Nielsen, Janne|
|201730||34796||01/11 - 05/04/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Nielsen, Janne|
|Future Course Offerings (Subject To Change)|
|201750||50838||05/09 - 07/27/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Arena, Paul|
Page Update June 25, 2017 03:04 AM