ATTR 2400 Strength and Conditioning
(HC) Dr. P Patel Coll Hlth Care Sci
(HHHP) HC - Health & HumanPerformance
Strength and Conditioning: This course includes the study of the varied aspects of strength and conditioning in a variety of sports. In addition to learning and practicing strength training techniques, students will design a conditioning program and explain their program to their peers. Prerequisite: ATTR 1400. Frequency: Every Fall and Winter. (Description Last Updated: Summer I 2016 (201650))
- Describe muscle physiology, neuromuscular anatomy and bone, muscle, and connective tissue adaptations to physical activity.
- Describe and evaluate cardiovascular and respiratory responses to exercise and the physiological adaptations to anaerobic and aerobic endurance training programs.
- Discuss the effect of performance enhancing substances.
- Discuss the value of warm-up, stretching, and cool-down techniques.
- Apply resistance training and spotting techniques, plyometric training, speed and agility development and endurance training.
- Design an athletic facility including layout, maintenance and scheduling.
|Current Course Offerings|
|No courses currently scheduled|
|Future Course Offerings (Subject To Change)|
|201820||20889||08/21 - 12/04/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Orris, Steven|
Page Update November 22, 2017 01:18 PM