ATTR 2300 Sports Nutrition
(HC) Dr. P Patel Coll Hlth Care Sci
(HHHP) HC - Health & HumanPerformance
This course includes the study of nutrition, biochemical processes in energy metabolism, and nutrition-related health problems. Additional emphasis will be placed on nutrition as it relates to physical performance, sports, and fitness. Prerequisite: ATTR 1400. Frequency: Every Fall and Winter. (Description Last Updated: Summer I 2016 (201650))
- Describe the essential and non-essential nutrients and their effects on the body and performance.
- Identify foods which contain high quantities of each nutrient and create meal plans which contain the minimum RDA of each of those nutrients.
- Describe the relationship between the different nutrients and energy.
- Describe the relationship between food energy and body activity.
- Develop diet and exercise plans which incorporate the balancing of nutrients, caloric intake and caloric expenditure.
- Delineate the special dietary needs of an elite athlete as opposed to an average individual and develop dietary plan to meet those needs.
- Identify Fad Diets or diets which do not contain the proper nutrient or caloric requirements and explain why that diet would be inappropriate.
|Current Course Offerings|
|No courses currently scheduled|
|Future Course Offerings (Subject To Change)|
|201820||20886||08/22 - 12/07/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Gordon, Marilyn|
|201820||20887||08/22 - 12/07/2017||Ft Lauderdale/Davie Campus||Kalman, Douglas|
Page Update November 22, 2017 01:19 PM