Division of performing
and visual arts
The Division of Performing and Visual Arts in the Farquhar College of Arts and Sciences offers academic programs and organizations focused on the broad spectrum of the arts. Major and minor programs offer theoretical and practical training in art, dance, music, theatre, musical theatre, and arts administration.
With exceptional performing and visual arts academic programs and a thriving performing and visual arts season, the Division of Performing and Visual Arts serves both students and the community in creative endeavors. In addition to our own rich offering of performances, concerts, and exhibitions, the college brings professional arts groups, such as the Ars Flores Symphony Orchestra, to campus through our distinguished partnerships and affiliations.
Areas of Study
- Honors Program
- Honor Societies
- Undergraduate Student Symposium
- Talent-Based Performing and Visual Arts Grant
- Partnerships and Affiliations - South Florida arts organizations connect campus and community resources, creating opportunities for student internships and performance experiences.
- Performance Ensembles:
- NSU Theatre
- Bossa Nova Chorale
- NSU Dance
- NSU Pro Musica Chamber Ensemble
- NSU Sharkestra Pep Band
- NSU Vocal Ensemble
Home for the Arts
The Performing and Visual Arts Wing of the Don Taft University Center is the college's home for the arts. Students studying art, theatre, dance, musical theatre, music, and graphic design gain access to:
- scene and costume shops
- dance studio
- orchestra, choral, and music practice rooms
- music keyboard and technology labs
- studios dedicated to painting, drawing, sculpture, ceramics, and graphic design
- Locker Rental - Students can rent lockers in the Don Taft University Center. Purchase online or call (954) 262-7620 to learn more.