Clinic Exploration Program
The Clinic Exploration Program (CEP), housed within the Farquhar College of Arts and Sciences, offers students the opportunity to shadow medical professionals on the job in many of NSU’s medical and health clinics. Program participants gain a broad perspective that shows how various medical fields work together and a practical, up-close review of several medical career options.
All undergraduate students may take part in CEP, no matter what major they pursue. Each rotation lasts two hours per week, for three weeks. Because this is a volunteer program, member commitments are flexible and voluntary.
Who Can Participate
Any NSU undergraduate student in good standing who wants to participate in CEP must:
- have a 2.5 GPA or higher
- be registered for classes
- complete OSHA and HIPAA trainings
- be curious about various health professions
- conform to scheduled assignments, dress codes, and other professional responsibilities
How to Enroll
- complete the Clinic Exploration Program Application
- schedule and complete OSHA blood-borne pathogen safety training
- take HIPAA Privacy and Security training
- turn in completed application to Katherine Shade or Emily Schmitt, Ph.D., in Parker Building, room 370
Students are offered the opportunity to participate in CEP each semester. Registration for the program is open during the previous semester.