The psychology major at the Farquhar College of Arts and Sciences provides students with a solid grounding in the knowledge base of psychology. It encourages students to integrate and apply knowledge, and allows flexibility in course selection to help students meet their career goals. The major emphasizes scientific research and application to significant areas of human activities.
- Psychology Major Welcome Message
- Psychology Major Curriculum
- Why Study Psychology?
- Course Selection Tips for Psychology Majors
- Honors Admission to NSU's Doctoral Programs in Psychology
- Psychology Major Resources
- Psychology Minor
Psychology majors each tailor their own curriculum according to their ultimate career goals and interests. Built on a core foundation of courses that will provide a solid understanding of psychology, the program enables students to complete extended coursework in areas of interest such as developmental, social, clinical, or experimental psychology. Students will be able to work closely with psychology faculty members to gain a more in-depth exploration of the field. One of the main benefits of NSU's psychology program is that students are able to apply the knowledge they learn in the classroom by participating in one of several practicum experiences offered through the program.
The psychology major is offered:
- during the day and evening on NSU's main campus
- during the evening at NSU's Student Educational Centers in Jacksonville and Miami/Kendall
- as an online program
- Additionally, a psychology concentration is available through the applied professional studies major at the Student Educational Center in Tampa.
Dual Admission Option
Are you planning to pursue a master's or doctoral degree in a related field of study? Consider NSU's Dual Admission Program, which enables qualified undergraduates at the Farquhar College of Arts and Sciences to secure early acceptance into one of the university's competitive graduate and professional degree programs.
Dual Admission programs relevant to the psychology major include
- Conflict Analysis and Resolution
- Family Therapy
- Mental Health Counseling (M.S.)
- Occupational Therapy
- Psychology (Ph.D.)
- Psychology (Psy.D.)
- Psychology (Psy.S.)