Athletic Training Education Program—Accreditation
The Athletic Training Education Program (ATEP) at the Farquhar College of Arts and Sciences is accreditated from the Commission of Athletic Training Education (CAATE). The CAATE provides peer review of the program's educational content based on educational standards adopted by the following national medical and allied health professional organizations:
- The American Academy of Family Physicians
- The American Academy of Pediatrics
- The American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine
- The Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education
- The National Athletic Trainers' Association
These organizations have cooperated to establish, maintain, and promote appropriate standards of quality for educational programs in athletic training and to provide recognition for exceptional programs. These standards and interpretations can be found at www.caate.net.