Why Pursue an M.A. in Writing?
- to master the art of written communication by practicing creative and professional genres
- to learn about the history of language and language change
- to practice strategies for the teaching of writing
- to gain experience in diverse creative genres in a workshop environment
- to analyze writing and other cultural texts using rhetorical methods
- to learn the research conventions of writing-related fields
- to gain exposure to elements of technical writing and document design
What Can I Do with an M.A. in Writing?
Graduates of this program can pursue doctoral education in a writing-related field or become leaders in a variety of professional positions, including:
- college-level writing instructor
- copy editor
- technical writer
- magazine/journal editor
Graduates of this progam...