Opportunities for Graduate Writing Students
Learn Beyond the Classroom
- Become a Writing Tutor at the Farquhar College of Arts and Sciences Office of Academic Services, or help undergraduate student writers through the Writing Fellows Program.
- Participate in internships with local organizations. M.A. in Writing interns have
worked for The Miami Herald and Gulfstream Media Group, a publisher of South Florida lifestyle and interior design magazines. Others have received independent editing, tutoring, and teaching opportunities.
- Gain experience as an editorial/copywriting graduate assistant or a student worker on NSU's campus.
- Attend exclusive on-campus workshops, lectures, and meet-and-greets with local and national writers, editors, and freelancers from diverse genres and fields.
- Hear internationally acclaimed novelists, journalists, filmmakers, and other speakers of interest lecture on campus through the college's Distinguished Speakers Series.
Publish Your Writing
- Quadrivium: a multidisciplinary scholarship journal for faculty and graduate students at the Farquhar College of Arts and Sciences
- The Farquhar Forum: the magazine of the Farquhar College of Arts and Sciences
- The Current: NSU's student-run newspaper
- Wellness Made Simple magazine: NSU's health and wellness publication
- M.A. in Writing faculty members regularly share opportunities for students to submit their work to outside journals, magazines, and writing contests.